Saturday, January 30, 2016

My Netiquette rules

30 Jan. 2016


In compliance with the netiquette questin my EDTECH class, here is a list of netiquette rules I generated- geared for elementary/middle school level.

KYLE’S RULES OF NETIQUETTE
1.    Never give out personal information (passwords, home address, phone number, etc.)

2.   Don’t be a “troll” and pick fights with people. Be respectful and talk to people the way you would like them to talk to you.

3.   Using all capital letters is the same as shouting online, SO KEEP THAT IN MIND WHEN YOU DO IT. The exception to that is when using shorthand, such as “LOL” or “ROFL”.

4.   Don’t believe everything you read on the internet.

5.   Once something is posted on the internet, it is available for the world to see, and is very, very hard to remove.  Some things may never fully go away.  Keep that in mind before you say anything, or post images on the internet!


6.   What you say, and how you say it is a reflection of who you are as a person.   Take a moment and look twice at the things you post before you post them and ask “What does this text/image I am about to post say about me? Am I ok with possibly everyone who knows me and possibly many people who don’t know me, reading or seeing this?  If there is any doubt, it might be best not to post  it!

No comments:

Post a Comment