Monday, January 18, 2016

First blog entry- All about ME!

18 Jan. 2016

     My name is Jason Kyle. I'm a 35 yr. old student at BSU, studying for Elementary Education with an emphasis on English so I can become an English teacher while I work on my real goal of becoming a fantasy fiction writer.  I already have an Associates Degree in Social Psychology, and I've self-published two novels as Amazon ebooks.  
My Amazon author's page

     I'm a divorcee with primary custody of my three-year-old son, Justin. I've been in the Army for about 15 years now and have served in Iraq in three separate tours ranging from the Invasion to the Drawdown, among other places.  Along with being a student I'm currently a sergeant in the Army Reserves.

     Besides writing, I love reading (of course), particularly fantasy fiction writers such as Terry Brooks, George Martin, and R.A. Salvatore.  I also like the western writer Louis L'amoure, and the occasional nonfiction military story, like Lone Survivor.  I'm a massive movie junkie (especially all things produced by Marvel-Disney) and a gamer geek- my favorites at present are Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, and the tabletop game Warhammer 40k.  On that note, I'm also a semi-professional artist. My facebook art page

    Well that's basically me in a nutshell. So with that I'll say "Adios for now" and leave you with this awesome universe-blending image of one of my favorite fictional characters...



No comments:

Post a Comment